Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How many people will be accepted into the cast? This number changes every production. Be sure to read the cast auditions package for the exact number.
- I was in a previous MTT production and I want to come back! Am I guaranteed a spot in the cast? Past cast members will not receive preferential treatment in the audition room. This ensures that we are just welcoming and being fair to folks who have never been in MTT before!
- I have class/work/another commitment on Wednesday rehearsal nights! What happens if I am unable to make it? Unfortunately, we require all cast members to be available for Wednesday rehearsals. If you let us know that you’ll be 15-30 minutes late because you have a commitment (but can still make it to most of the rehearsal), we can try to accommodate you. However, this may have implications on our casting decisions. Weekday rehearsals for the 2021-22 school year will be on WEDNESDAY evenings.
- I got a callback! Does that mean I’m in the show? Being called back for a role or the ensemble does not ensure your place in the cast. We invite more people than we can accept to callbacks so we can see you dance, as this is an important factor in our casting decisions.
- If I don’t get into the cast, can I be in the band or crew? The crew and band application deadlines are earlier than the cast audition process. As a result, we will not be able to accept more individuals into the band or crew by the time that audition results are released. We’re so glad that you’re so keen on being involved in club activities – we encourage you to still stay connected with us and attend our various events throughout the year, and try again in January for our spring production!
- How can I prepare for my audition? Check out this page for audition tips!
If you have a specific question that wasn’t answered above, send an email to the Creative Team.