Don’t have time to commit 10+ hours a week in our full productions? No problem! The Musical Theatre Troupe hosts two 24-Hour Musicals every year – one in September and one in January. The 24-Hour Musical event encompasses three (3) student-written 20-minute plays, which are united in a common theme. Performers will rehearse a 20-minute musical in less than 24 hours and perform in front of an audience!
Can I perform* in a 24 Hour Musical?
We accept any and all people who audition – as long as they’re available for the performance and the entire rehearsal process!
*We ask that performers pay the membership fee and sign the AMS Club Waiver before they perform as part of an MTT production.
The Typical 24 Hour Musical Schedule
Saturday, 5:00 – 10:00 PM
- 5:00 PM – 30-Second Auditions
- You’ll have up to 30 seconds to show your talent to the directors and choreographers
- Sing a few bars of a song that shows your vocal range and expression
- Tell us which 20-minute musical you’d like to perform in
- Tells us which role(s) you’d like to play
- 7:30 – 8:00 PM – Dinner break
- 10:00 PM – Rehearsals end for the night
- Go home and get plenty of rest for a full day of rehearsals on Sunday!
Sunday, 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- 10:00 AM – Rehearsal begins for the day
- 12:30 – 1:00 PM – Lunch break
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM – Dinner break
- 6:45 PM – Doors open to audience members
- Tell your friends to come at at 6:45 to get the best seats!
- 7:00 – 9:00 PM – Performances
For the most up-to-date information on MTT’s 24 Hour Musicals, please check our Facebook page!