Do you like working behind the scenes, or are you curious about technical theatre? Joining our crew is an exciting opportunity that is open to all students at the University of British Columbia! Whether you have experience designing masterful sets, have worked as a stagehand, or are just an avid Broadway fan, A Chorus Line will provide a new experience that is both challenging and extremely rewarding.
Joining the crew is a fantastic opportunity to explore all of the little things that have to be coordinated to make a theatrical world come to life, and we would love to have you join our backstage team under the guidance of Elsa, our Stage Manager, and David, our Technical Director! Our environment is inclusive for theatre enthusiasts at all skill levels, and we aim to provide a supportive space for all our crew members to develop new technical skills and challenge their current theatrical knowledge.
A Chorus Line:
Seventeen Broadway dancers audition to be a part of the chorus for a Broadway show. As the show progresses, each one exposes their individuality and opens up to the choreographer and to the audience about what brought them here. Cassie, an ex-star who needs a job, Kristine, who can’t sing, and Mike, a tap dancer, are just a few individuals who tell us about their lives as they learn the finale number.
Positions for A Chorus Line:
We’re looking for enthusiastic crew members to help bring the world of A Chorus Line to life:
- Set Designer, 1 position available
- Assistant Set Designer, 1 position available
- Costume Designer, 2 – 3 positions available
- Hair and Makeup Designer, 1 – 2 positions available
- Props Designer, 1 – 2 positions available
- Sound Technician, 1 position available
- Lighting Designer, 1 position available
- Lightboard Operator, 1 position available
- Stagehands, 2 – 5 positions available
For more information about any of these positions, please email David at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not in Vancouver until January, you are still welcome to apply.
- Dedication. Members of our team will demonstrate excellent communication and dedication to attend relevant meetings. Our production team is expected to respond promptly to and work closely with our technical director and stage manager to create the look and sound of our productions.
- Time commitment. All designers and crew members will be expected to attend a one hour weekly production meeting. In addition to production meetings, production crew members are required to commit to attending various rehearsals, which will vary depending on the position.
- Participation fee. If accepted, crew members are asked to pay a $20 participation fee. This is a small fee to help support the production, as we perform in a professional venue and aim to create high-quality productions. Crew members will also receive a production shirt as part of this cost. If you are selected but have difficulty paying this fee, please email us at email@example.com or speak with a club executive team member.
Applying for A Chorus Line:
- Complete this application form by Sunday, November 14 at 10:00 PM.
- Successful applicants will receive an email by Sunday, November 21 at 10:00 PM.
Thank you for your interest in the crew! We are very excited about the upcoming year and can’t wait to welcome you to the team. For any crew-specific inquiries, please email David at firstname.lastname@example.org.